Here are the key things that CEO of the West Coast Eagles, Trevor Nisbett, tells us about running a successful professional AFL football club and how this also relates to running a successful business
At a breakfast with him this morning, here were some key things:
- It takes time to start up and time to turn things around
- You need to focus on grass roots first
- You have to take calculated risks
- People – take time to recruit the right ones. You have to have ones you can train and trust.
- Core Values – be clear on them and communicate them. WCE only have three.
- You will never keep everyone happy!
- It’s ok to make mistakes. Have a balanced approach when people make errors.
- Skillsets are not enough – you need the right mindsets.
- Like governance but don’t stifle innovation.
- Get your marketing right. Let your actions do the talking …
Hope you found this interesting!